If you’ve used specialty chemicals in your formulations for any amount of time, you’ve noticed that certain products are hard to source. As referenced in this blog post, shipping delays are rampant in light of the pandemic. The good news is, Viachem is still able to distribute hard-to-find ingredients in a timely and cost-effective manner. Our 42+ years of experience in chemical distribution enable us to fully leverage our supply chain and rise above industry issues. The following nine products are included in Viachem’s U.S. inventory:
- DCP Dihydrate Unmilled Ultra-Low Lead is commonly used as a water insoluble pharmaceutical excipient, specifically to formulate directly compressible sustained release formulations, i.e., tablets. Dicalcium phosphate dihydrate is also used in various applications such as the animal feed industry, fertilizer industry and food industry.
- Ferrous Fumarate ULL is often used in the pharmaceutical industry as a medication to treat iron deficiency. Our customers typically use it to formulate tablets, capsules or liquids.
- Magnesium Oxide Granular USP ULL comprises white powder granules and can be used as a magnesium supplement. This ingredient mostly shows up in the food, pharmaceutical and nutraceutical industries.
- PressCAL (Calcium Granulation) MD 92.5% is sought after in the pharmaceutical world, as it is a calcium carbonate filler. This ingredient allows for cost reduction and improved mechanical properties.
- Magnesium Stearate (RSPO) is used as a binder, lubricant and tablet release agent in the pharmaceutical industry. In the cosmetic realm, it functions as an anti-caking agent, binding agent, dusting additive, emulsifying agent, gelling agent, thickening agent and in the suspension of pigments.
- Stearic Acid is an emulsifier, emollient and lubricant that can soften skin and help to keep products from separating. Used in hundreds of personal care products like moisturizers, sunscreen and makeup, stearic acid is a major component in cocoa and shea butter, soap and baby lotion.
- Erythritol is a popular sugar alcohol that’s used as a food additive and sugar substitute. This natural ingredient contains only 6% of the calories but 70% of the sweetness found in an equal amount of sugar.
- Citric Acid is often used to manufacture soft drinks, concentrated juices, drink mixes, candy and preserves. In the pharmaceutical industry, it’s used to produce effervescent tablets or other pharmaceutical preparations, especially syrups.
- Calcium Disodium EDTA is a chelating agent used to sequester metal ions in an aqueous solution. This product is most useful in the fields of soap, detergents, textile dyeing, water softening, metal finishing and plating, pulp and paper, enzyme deactivation, photochemistry and bacteriocides. As of late, calcium disodium EDTA has been notably hard to source from Argentina.
Are you interested in any of the above chemicals or specialty ingredients? If you’re looking for a quality, consistent, experienced distributor, contact us today at 972-848-0445 or [email protected]. Viachem delivers every time.