At Viachem, we’re proud to be an industry-leading specialty chemical, food additive and ingredient distributor, and we have the latest update on the top ingredients we predict will gain traction in the new year. Consumers are influencing the market place, and manufacturers and producers who want to stay ahead of the trends can use this guide to help bolster their product formulations in 2021.
What are the top ingredients we expect will grow in popularity and availability this year?
- Triethyl Citrate – Triethyl Citrate is naturally produced through the esterification of citric acid with ethanol and its natural, non-irritating qualities allow its diverse functionality. It is widely used across the food, beverage, nutraceutical and pharmaceutical industries and is a clean label product. Triethyl Citrate causes no irritation to the skin and is a safe, environmentally-friendly additive in cosmetic and food applications. It also is a key ingredient in all-natural essential oil formulations. You can learn more about Triethyl Citrate here. At Viachem, we are proud to offer Sucroplast TEC, a phthalate-free, non-GMO, USDA natural Triethyl Citrate from the manufacturer Sucroal.
- Acetal Tributyl Citrate (ATBC) – ATBC is a natural plasticizer that is a seamless additive in paints, coatings, industrial chemicals and also has applications in personal care, cosmetics, pharmaceutical coatings and food-contact films. It is gaining popularity in paints and coatings as the industry moves toward biodegradable, clean-label chemicals that effectively replace petroleum-based chemicals. ATBC has competitive mechanical features, acting as a natural, environmentally-friendly additive bolstering the transparency, flexibility and durability of plastics. Learn more about the specialty additive here. At Viachem, we partner with Sucroal to offer Sucroplast ATBC that is certified by the FDA and the EC Food Additive and meets the United States Pharmacopeia USP standards, a greener, cleaner alternative.
- Sodium Citrates – Sodium citrate is the sodium salt of citric acid and helps to make the human body more alkaline and less acidic. It is white and comes in the form of either crystalline powder or granular crystals that are freely soluble in water. It has a sour taste and is unable to dissolve in alcohol. Its ability to make the body less acidic has enabled health benefits such as helping to prevent some kidney stones, and it is used to treat conditions in some people with kidney problems such as metabolic acidosis. It has increased in popularity in the food and beverage as well as the pharmaceutical industry with the rising widespread use of anti-inflammatory diets. However, sodium citrate has diverse applications including in the industrial industry. At Viachem, we source sodium citrate from premier manufacturers to offer the best option on the market.
- Erythritol – As the sugar free diet has taken on new life and consumers are reeling from quarantine and craving a healthy lifestyle, Erythritol is on the rise. Erythritol is an all-natural sweetening agent with applications in personal care, nutraceuticals and pharmaceuticals, but it most prominently appears in the food and beverage industry. The sweetener has a caloric value close to zero, and, chemically, it is a four-carbon sugar alcohol (polyol) made through fermentation. The molecular structure is what gives Erythritol the ability to stimulate sweet taste receptors on the tongue. Erythritol is a fantastic sugar replacement, tasting very similar to sugar with no side effects. We source erythritol from the best manufacturers around the world offering organic and conventional forms.
- Medium Chain Triglyceride (MCT) Oil – MCT Oil has dramatically climbed in popularity in recent years as a key ingredient in many health food trends including the Keto diet due to its ability to rapidly absorb into the body as a good energy source. MCTs are medium-chain (6 to 12 carbons) fatty-acid esters of glycerol that passively diffuse into the human body without the same requirement for modification that long-chain fatty acids require. As an ingredient, MCTs work in formulations across the personal care, food, beverage, nutraceutical and pharmaceutical industries and are bland, without flavor or fragrance. Learn more about them here. Viachem sources clean-label MCT Oil through some of the top manufacturers in the world for high-quality product formulations in organic and non-organic forms.
Don’t hesitate to reach out to our expert team of degreed technical sales specialists to request a sample of any of these specialty ingredients today at [email protected].