- CAS#: 77-93-0
- Manufacturer: Sucroal
- Industries: Food & Beverage/Nutraceutical/Pharmaceutical, Clean Label
- Meets the standards outlined in the Food Chemicals Codex FCC, The United States Pharmacopeia USP
- REACH registered
- Listed as GRAS
- Accepted as a food additive by the FDA
- Quantum Satis as under Directive 95/2 / EC No E 1505
- Made from natural ingredients: Ethyl Alcohol and Citric Acid Anhydrous
Sucroplast TEC – triethyl citrate, C12H20O7, is produced by esterification of citric acid with ethanol. Natural triethyl citrate occurs in small amounts in wine.
It is not irritating to the skin and shows no sensitizing effects on human beings. Therefore, it is widely used in cosmetic, pharmaceutical and food applications. It is also frequently used as a plasticizer in materials with food contact.
Applications in foods include dried egg white and as a food-carrier solvent. In Pharmaceuticals, it is used in film-coated tablets.
Sucroplast TEC is found in Personal Care products such as aerosol hair sprays, deodorants, cosmetic flavorings and perfumes.
Industrial Applications include cellulose acetate films, cigarette filters and films.