Location: Plano, Texas or Augusta, GA
Viachem is a leading sales and marketing distribution company focused exclusively on serving global producers of specialty chemicals and ingredients, along with our North American customers. This is an entry-level position; the idea candidate will likely have little or no after college sales experience.
The Technical Chemical Sales trainee starts their sales career working with our Market Development team to identify and qualify potential customers and prospects. This sales training position plays an important role in the Viachem sales process.
You will work with our Sales & Marketing team to identify and gather information about end-user markets. Duties include compiling prospective customer databases and qualifying individual customer prospects over the telephone. Successful candidates enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, providing critical support to the Viachem sales process.
If successful, after eight months to a year, you will be promoted to Technical Sales Specialist (TSS) and will be responsible for selling and supporting a number of end-use customers and prospects. The TSS sells and maintains a long-term partnership with customers by employing a consultative sales approach leveraging technical and chemical use expertise. This position is located in Plano, Texas, or Augusta GA.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Learn about our business by providing sales support to the sales team, and keeping sales documents up to date.
- Build profitable sales by employing a consultative sales approach
- Build and sustains long-term customer relationships
- Help develop sales and marketing strategies designed to exceed sales objectives
- Satisfy customer requests for product, pricing, order information and samples
- Assist customers by sharing technical expertise on product usage, product application and product formulation
- Identify new opportunities to add value by monitoring industry changes, trends and customer needs
- Maintain up-to-date information in CRM
- Work with Viachem’s producer partners to execute sales plans and as a resource to serve end use customers
- Assist in the development of technical proposals and literature for enhancing customer operations
We’re currently seeking a full-time person with a degree in Chemistry or Biology who is interested in a sales career. Relevant skills include Microsoft Office Suite, PC Skills and CRM.
- Ability to quickly comprehend and understand formulation and end-use applications of individual products
- Excellent communication skills: written, verbal and listening
- Consultative and need based selling skills
- Strong PC skills
- Problem-solving and negotiation skills
- Detail oriented
- Disciplined work ethic and achievement oriented
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com