The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) is the nation’s most effective animal protection organization with the vision of one day ending suffering for all animals. In immediate response to recent global events, the organization launched a COVID-19 relief fund to aid animal shelters, rescue groups and other organizations. During these unprecedented times, the HSUS also helps to keep people and their pets together by dispatching volunteers that provide relief to pet owners in need through the Pets for Life program. HSUS offers feed and supplies to owners and helps veterinary professionals adapt to telemedicine through the Humane Society Veterinary Medical Association.
Most local Humane Societies require in-person volunteers to aid in the care of the animals, but the Humane Society has several opportunities to serve from the comfort of home. Here are a few ways you can get involved today:
- There are many ways to donate, and any amount helps. You can set up recurring donations, make a memorial donation in honor of a loved one or pet, or donate to celebrate a special occasion.
- Easily give applied stocks or mutual funds and receive a charitable deduction for the full market value.
- Gift your used car, truck, motorcycle or boat. The HSUS team will pick it up, mail you a receipt and auction your vehicle with all proceeds directly benefiting animals in need.
- Serve at HSUS care centers, with a rescue and response team or apply to volunteer your time at a local shelter.
- Apply to be an HSUS Ally to take action for animals in your state. You will become part of an on-call team and can serve as often or as little as you’d like.
At Viachem, we’re partnering with the Dallas Humane Society in Q3, sending proceeds from every order we receive. Contact our team at [email protected] for more information.